Monday, May 5, 2014

Intellect feat. Warby Parker

Hey Beauties,
First off THANK YOU FOR 50 followers on Blogger!!!! (whoop whoop)


So the turn of brown to green is coming our way, these dead leaves are already being pushed aside by luscious green grasses and delicately colored flowers. The weather has left the 30's behind and each day brings the sun accompanied by the 60's. Already my skin has turned from vampire to red to bit-darker-vampire color. Dresses have reached the front of the closet and sweaters have taken their place in the back. So spring, I can finally say welcome, and god and I am happy to see you! 



This post features my favorite pair of glasses from Warby Parker, like seriously how cool do they look? 
The moment I saw them in the package I fell in love; they're comfortable, easy to wear, easy to match, and great quality. Check out our official Warby Parker post here!



I find there is a common thread that glasses make you look more intelligent, I agree, but that does not mean I trust that idea. There is the whole trend of "nerd" glasses like the really big ones that girls wear (though its usually just the fake 3D movie theater glasses) and they say #nerd and I guess it just makes me upset. First off I do wear glasses (I have shit eyesight, like I could easily be considered blind) so this is coming from a perspective of someone who, yes, has been given the name "four-eyes" at points in middle school. Second, posting a picture in large glasses and calling yourself a nerd immediately makes you the opposite of nerd, stupid (not dumb, but inconsiderate). I try to understand the other side of this situation, that it's cute and/or I don't know (please comment your thoughts). But I think the main problem that revolves around this idea is that teenagers (mostly) feel the need to dumb themselves down. The act of posting a photo with a caption "nerd" dumbs you down. Girls think that guys will like them more if they can't argue back in an argument on politics. Guys think girls will like them more if they just have "swag" or are cool, not smart. These are just the beginnings of a few thoughts that I have; but main point is, people don't dumb yourselves down. SMART IS SEXY. You read philosophy and like physics, get with me. You can argue feminism and government issues with me, get with me. Anyway point is, smart=epicness, that's all I have to say for the moment.... <3




Glasses: Warby Parker
Dress: H&M
Socks: Urban Outfitters
Boots: Frye 
Cardigan: J. Crew



~Miki 

26 comments:

  1. Love your look! Nice spring post
    New post– http://starlingdays.blogspot.com
    http://instagram.com/mira_shpak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you 100 % - smart IS sexy!! When I and my boyfriend first started he really shocked me one day when he started talking about Byron and I was like: "Where did that come from?!" And he said: "You know, I'm a lost smarter than you think, I just play a role in public, I don't want people to think I'm that smart." So it's not just us girls, which is all very weird to me - I always wanna sound smarter than I am, not dumber.:D Anyhow, you look good with those glasses, babe. Nerd or not.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so interesting, yeah there's a whole other side to it for boys (like pretty much all romcom movies or chic flicks its all about the guy being kind of dumb and douchey)
      Thank you for the awesome comments haha :)
      ~Miki

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the glasses on you! And I'm pretty obsessed with those socks, I've been wanting to get a pair myself and I may just have to now...

    Cute look.

    Xoxo
    Camille

    jamncookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely great pictures and I love your glasses - you look beautiful <3

    xoxo Kira

    ReplyDelete
  5. its smart but its cute at the same time :D

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool pics!

    Do you want to follow each other ?

    Kisses,

    Emily from PTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your dress!!! nice look!!!
    Have a nice day!! and my g+ for you!!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look on you. You look absolutely cute and adorable. Love the over knee socks with the boots, gorgeous! Amazing dress. You look beautiful doll.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely gorgeous!
    would you like to follow each other? let me know<3
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | FACEBOOK
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, dear!

    theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely hate when girls dumb themselves down. They think it makes them cooler and that guys will like them better when in reality everyone thinks they're annoying and need to shut up. But cute outfit by the way! Love the dress/sweater combination ^^ ~ Mckenzie xx
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Thank you for saying that, I believe as well it's also a problem that needs to stop :o
      haha thank you :)
      ~Miki

      Delete
  12. Bonjour Miki...I finally made my way back here after my super busy weeks, and yes...that such a cool day having fun photo shooting ,matching the outfit the way you love..lovely photos. I really enjoy the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tu es très jolie, j'adore ta robe et la manière dont tu l'as associée avec ces grandes chaussettes ;)
    Magnifique!!
    xx, Jade

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I just discovered your blog and really like it. Think you have great style and am following now! Definitely a new fan! You are very inspiring
    Pop up by my page when you get a chance xoxo Tamara
    www.theglamandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...