Thursday, December 7, 2017

L'écriture inclusive


You might have recently noticed some of my posts with gender-inclusive French spellings. I'm starting to use it. I like the idea of modifying the language so that it's egalitarian between genders. I wrote an article on all of the women in my life and I'm happy that now, when they're all in the same room with one male figure prensent, the agreement between gender and number can satisfy both sexes. However, I am still not sure which type of gender-inclusive style I'm going to use. I don't find the one with periods including both male and female esthetically pleasing and it's hard to read out loud. I like the style of agreeing the gender with noun closest to the adjective, but I also think it could be confusing at times. Are you in support of this change in the use of the French language? If so, what type of gender-inclusive writing do you use?

Vous avez peut-être récemment remarqué mes quelques articles utilisant l'écriture inclusive. Je m'y mets. J'aime l'idée de modifier la langue pour qu'elle soit égalitaire. J'avais écrit un article sur toutes les femmes de ma vie. Maintenant, je suis contente que, quand des femmes sont présentes dans une pièce en compagnie d'un seul homme, on puisse accorder le genre et le nombre pour satisfaire les deux sexes. En revanche, je ne sais toujours pas quelle version de l'écriture inclusive utiliser. Je trouve celle avec les points pas très belle du point de vue esthétique seulement. J'aime la technique d'accorder le genre et le nombre avec le nom le plus proche de l'adjectif, mais je pense que ça pourrait prêter à confusion. Êtes-vous pour ce changement dans l'usage de la langue française? Quel type d'écriture inclusive utilisez-vous? 




Lands End shirt, Free People thrifted vest, Pimkie skirt, Primark boots, Swatch watch


photos: FARYAL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...